Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I voted!


This morning, my alarm went off at 6:40 am, 1 hour and 5 minutes earlier than normal. My first thought, after, "Oh, dang, that's loud, better turn it off," was "It's to dark to walk anywhere at 7:10 in the morning!" Then, "Oh, right, daylight savings time." So I got up, and got dressed, and made sure I had all my stuff in my bag. Then Gwen, Taylor, and I trooped out the door and down the street to the elementary school. On the way, we passed a friendly old lady going the opposite direction. "You going to vote?" she said, with a little punch of her fist in the air. "Yep," we all replied, rather tiredly. When we got to the school, there was no line. We all stepped up to a different "polling lady," (as i called them.) They reminded me of the ladies who work in the temple, all old and nice and very willing to help. They got us all set up and sent us to work. We voted. And the rest, as they say, is history.

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Way to go! If you are not busy, go by that same school on your way to work tonight and you'll be SO GLAD you woke up early and voted. You will see long lines and tired people. I am proud of you!

Keyona said...

Good for you for voting!!