Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Prestige

I realized today why I like this movie so much. Well, one, because Christopher Nolan is probably the most amazing screenwriter and director to ever walk the fact of this earth. But today I remembered a quote from the film that I used in an English paper once. Robert Angier, one of the magicians, says it. And it's how I feel about acting. It's why I act. I'm not particularly good at it, and it terrifies me to no end. But this is why I do it. And this is why I write.

The audience knows the truth: the world is simple. It's miserable, solid all the way through. But if you could fool them, even for a second, then you can make them wonder, and then you... then you got to see something really special... you really don't know?... it was... it was the look on their faces...

No comments: