Saturday, October 30, 2010

Adventures

Halloween has been extremely lackluster this year. I don't like having holidays on Sundays, it throws off the whole system.
On the other hand, though, I'm trying to think of something I could wear Monday for El Día de los Muertos.

Yesterday (Oct 29) was the institute Trunk-or-Treat/Costume Contest/Dance, which was...fun. Kelly and I went. She went as a witch, I was Arwen from Lord of the Rings. The most exciting part of the night was nearly walking into a guy dressed as someone from Lord of the Rings, but I barely had time to register his costume before he walked off. I wish I could have found him again, but I didn't.
The music was... lame. It was all new stuff that can't really be danced to.

Kelly and I came home and watched a movie. Didn't get in bed till 2ish, woke up around 11.

At 3 today I left on a bike ride. BIG MISTAKE. It was EXTREMELY windy outside, which made for an excellent ride out, but a horrible ride back. I went probably 10 miles North from the school until I decided to turn around. Then I walked home. It was so windy that I moved faster walking than I did on my bike. It was absolutely awful and my entire body hurt by the time I got home from trying to keep my bike from blowing over. I knew the light weight of that bike was going to get to me one of these days.

Quite the adventure.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Dang Am, sorry about the bike-ride de los meurtos. ;-) Glad you did something awesome tho, even if it didn't turn out as awesome as was intended. Maybe next time, ride south? The the wind will be at your back on the way home.... assuming of course that you can predict which way the wind will be blowing. Love you!