Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Because I won't let myself go a month without posting...

...I'm posting

School started yesterday. I WAS taking 18 credits, but that proved to be too much to deal with, even after just one day, so I dropped one of my literature courses (because technically I was taking three, and even I am not that crazy). I also got ninety dollars back in the books I bought for that class, so yay!

Here's what I'm taking this year and why it will be awesome:

ENGL 4020 - Advanced Fiction Writing
First of all, it's called "advanced" and that just makes me feel cool.
Second: I'm going to finally (after 4 years) finish the Our Story novella/story/thing.
Third: We're going to attempt to figure out exactly WHAT a novella even IS.
Fourth: at some point, we're going to get together with some music and some design students and make...something. Like a performance or something. But we don't actually know yet.

ENGL something else - Literature and Film (aka Adaptation)
We get credit for watching movies.
The books are short and/or easy.
Although we are in the business building (who's idea was that anyway?), we have very comfy chairs.
We will be adapting a story or poem by Edgar Allen Poe. And that should be fun.

ENGL 4510 - Psychology of Creative Writing
I haven't actually had this class yet (it's only on Wednesdays, from 4-7), so I'm not sure WHY it will be awesome. But it will. .... I should probably find out where it is...

SPAN 2020 - Intermediate Grammar and Conversation
It's my last semester of Spanish. That is the ONLY reason it is awesome.

PE something - Beginning Swimming
It's only half a semester long, which I was slightly disappointed about. But I've finally bought a new swimsuit (first one in a few years) and it will be fun anyway.

MUSC somethingsomething - Women's Choir
If you don't know by now that Choir is kind of my life sometimes, then... well, now you know. It keeps my stress level down. Plus it's fun. Even though there are *ahem* certain people in this class who drive me up AND down the wall. Yeesh!

----------------

In other news, tomorrow I am submitting my scholarship application for Study Abroad, my deposit for Study Abroad, and a job application. There are probably a lot of other people applying for this job, but I've also applied for another one, and will apply for one more if I ever find a way to get up to Panda Express...

Not much else to talk about. I'm eating. I'm sleeping. I haven't yet frozen to death in this icebox.

UPDATE: I found out where Psych is! It's in the English building! ... Incidentally, it's my only English class IN the English building. What's wrong with this picture???

-----------

Don't really have anything to say. But I'm writing anyway. Ooh, I've made an "inspirational" playlist. It may not seem that "inspirational" to other people, but it's songs that inspire me. I will share it with you:
  1. Hand In My Pocket - Alanis Morissette
  2. Dream On - Aerosmith
  3. A Jubilant Song - Provo High Concert Choir
  4. I'm Gonna Be - The Proclaimers ((( I recently figured out that these guys are Irish. That's awesome. )))
  5. Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head - ...I don't know who this artist is...
  6. Dream Big - Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband
  7. London Calling - The Clash ((( I mean, DUH )))
  8. Dizz Knee Land - Dada
  9. Volunteers - again, don't know
  10. Why Not - Hilary Duff ((( I think this was my favorite song at one point, when I was 12 or so )))
  11. Better Than It Was - Fastball
  12. This One's For The Girls - Martina McBride ((( didn't know this was on here... )))
  13. Don't Stop Believing - Journey
  14. Naked and Famous - The Presidents of the United States of America ((( could they have chosen a longer name? Also, this song is hi-larious )))
  15. We're Not Gonna Make It - again, the Pof the USA
  16. Uprising - Muse
  17. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
  18. The Distance - Cake
  19. Come So Far (Got So Far To Go) - Cast of Hairspray
  20. The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
  21. La Vie Boheme - Rent
  22. Into The Great Wide Open - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
  23. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk
  24. Make Your Own Kind of Music - the Mamas and the Papas
  25. Mr. President (Have Pity On The Working Man) - don't know
  26. Every Day Is A Winding Road - Sheryl Crow
  27. Innuendo - Queen ((( I've had this song for years and still don't know why they call it that... )))
  28. Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi

Well, that's that. I guess I'll go see what Kelly is up to.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Sounds like a great semester, great playlist, great classes, and great things in store for one great girl!