Thursday, February 2, 2012

I've always wondered, do I blush when I'm embarrassed?

Because I've never known. People rarely, if ever, say "You're blushing!" to me, and I have a natural redness in my cheeks anyway so it all gets very confusing.

So I texted that very question to the eight people who are most likely to know - and text back.

I've listed their replies anonymously, but if you were one of the eight you will, of course, recognize your own reply.

Question: do I blush when I'm embarrassed?

Responses:
  • Not that I've noticed.
  • I don't think so.
  • Your cheeks are rosy, it's very difficult to answer that question! I don't really know if you are embarrassed that often around me. But my first response it to say no, you don't blush when you're embarrassed. But I definitely do, so that makes me want to say that you do.
  • Yeah. You do. But you also have natural blush.
  • Sometimes yes. Why?
  • Your breathing changes and you clench your teeth more than blush, but there is still a slight color change. Then again it could just be that I haven't seen you in extremely embarrassing circumstances.
  • Umm, depends on the level of embarrassment. You generally don't get embarrassed around me, so...
  • Yes.
"And the Oscar goes to..." Apparently no one else knows if I blush either. Okay, a few people definitely know. But does this answer my question? No, not really.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I've... got nothin' for ya. Sorry 'bout that!

Ingrid said...

I've never noticed you blushing, and I am your little sister! So, no.

--Bridget