Saturday, January 28, 2012

Othello

I've been reading Othello today (I'm currently on my break between acts III and IV). I did not expect to love it this much. I'm not sure what it is that makes me enjoy it so much (*cough-Iago-cough*), but I am really loving it. I've been reading it out loud, which is extremely fun. I switch accents around and stuff, sometimes I make Othello Scottish and stuff. It's great fun.

I wish I could find an online version to watch, but I can't find anything and my "usual sources" have since been...removed.

I have to do an assignment for Script Analysis based on this play, but the only thing I know about it is "who is the protagonist?" I've been reading and trying to make an argument for Othello or Iago. Right now it's seeming like Iago to me, because the protagonist is the main character, and he seems to be a bit more main than Othello. But, I'm only halfway done so we'll see.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So, what did you come up with? It's interesting because you could argue either Othello or Iago as the protagonist, depending on what interpretation/angle you're going for...