Monday, January 26, 2009

SNOW!!!

So... yesterday, when we went to dinner, we all remarked on how the snow was finally all melted. I guess we spoke too soon, because later that night, as we were having our reading party, I looked out the window and there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground. Later that night, Katelin and I were looking at old family photos, and we each got a text message from Geneil: "Snow!" We looked out the window and, sure enough, there was snow. About 6 inches. Then we heard a THUD and there was a snowball on the window! We looked out and Geneil was down below on the lawn, scooping up another snowball to throw at us. Then Katelin ran down and let her in to the building. She managed to convince us all to go out into the snow, so we all put on our boots and our coats and ran out. It was awesome! So quiet and the sky was all orangey and cool. We played until about 11:30, and then came back to my room and made hot chocolate and steamed milk, with Gwen's "areolatte" frother thing. It's sweet, but messy if you don't know what you're doing!! After talking for another half an hour with Geneil, I went to bed.

This morning when I woke up, Katelin pulled back the curtain and blinded me with the white clouds. It's STILL snowing. I reckon we've got about a foot, maybe a little less. I wish I didn't have to go anywhere today. I like to look at it, but it gets all in my eyes and the wind blows it into the hood of my coat when I go out. Oh well, haha.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

See, I DO read your blog! I am so jealous that you played outside in the snow late at night--I love to do that too!
Enjoy! Soon it could be all gone again!
--Mom