Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Getting in shape

Well, I want to start getting in shape. So I'm going to blog about it. The eating healthy is... meh, but it's cafeteria food, so what can you do?

Today, I went for a 15 minute run/walk around campus. Then I came back, stretched, and did that 8 Minute Abs work out video that mom used to have (found it on YouTube). Then I did some yoga strength/breathing and ended with relaxation. I figure if I do this every night, I'll be in good shape. (No pun intended).

I also figure that if I tell you about it, I'll feel guilty when I don't do it. So. Here it goes. Wish me luck.

And here's a goofy picture of me to get it started. (sorry mom, but that's what I was wearing! Not for the run, just doing the workouts in my room. It felt more legit.)

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

You are awesome! I'm proud of you!

As for cafeteria food, make friends with the salad bar. Choose at least one, or more, fresh fruits or veggies at every meal. You'll do fine!

I want to get in shape too!

Ginger Horsburgh said...

Wow, I think you look great! Keep it up or I'll ride ya for it! You know, cuz you want me to!