Wednesday, August 26, 2009

INTERNET

"And now I'd like to tell you the story of Eddie, and his adventures in the Great Wide Open."

So, sometime last week, I called around to several different internet providers until I found one that we could afford and that was only month-to-month, not a six-month, one-year, or two-year contract. We found Qwest. So we called them. And they said they'd send us the modem and activate our thing on Tuesday August 25, 2009 at 5:30 pm. That was yesterday. 5:30 came and went, and the UPS guy still hadn't come. Then, at 6:00, just as some of the girls were coming back from WalMart, the big brown UPS truck came driving up. The girls all cheered for him, and I came dancing out the front door to get the long-awaited Magic Internet Box. I opened it up, and began following the instructions on how to set it up. Then... it didn't work. So I called Tech Support. After I called my mom and yelled at her a little (sorry, mom). They said that sometimes it takes longer to work, so to try again in the morning. I did. It still didn't work. I tried again after school, because maybe they just needed MORE time to make it work. It didn't work. So I called Tech Support again. And he walked me through some different things to fix it up. And it didn't work. And then, right as we were done talking, it started to work!!!! So, now I have internet. Huzzah!!

Also, I bought a microwave yesterday. I'm feeling very grown up.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

I think it's cause you ARE very grown up. :-)