Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Monica and Chandler got married!

Hahaha. I couldn't think of anything to title my post. We're watching Friends, so....

Anyways, I wrote this bllllllog entry this morning, just like I did last week.

Tuesday - 9:59 am
I'm really starting to love this free hour. It gives me the chance to write something for my blog, which I probably wouldn't do otherwise.
Update on classes:
Piano decided to get difficult all of a sudden. Weird and unexpected.
Spanish is good still. We had a very interesting lesson today, about the differences in culture in the U.S. from the rest of the world, pretty much. In Spanish-speaking countries, tuition for university is only a few hundred dollars or so each year. But you don't get to choose your major. It's an interesting trade-off. Profesora Godoy mentioned how our school system is STILL better here than in Spain, where she grew up. She also mentioned how, since Spain is part of the European Community, she gets free health care anywhere in the European Community. Except dentistry, because that's considered cosmetics. She said they see it as a need and a right, not a privilege or a want. I found it interesting that she mentioned it today, all things considered.
Math decided to get very boring. We've left the realm of interesting stuff that I didn't already know, and now we're doing very very boring Geometry and stuff. Gah. And proofs! Aarg!
Institute is AWESOME! I'm taking the Pearl of Great Price class. It's intense. My notes say "heavy" a lot, like Marty McFly from Back to the Future, haha. I'm tempted to take this same class again and again because it's just so cool.
Choir is getting MUCH better. I look forward to it now. I'm rediscovering my soprano skills. And it's refreshing to not be associated with our weaksauce Altos. Because they are weaksauce.
Creative Writing is... odd. I haven't really figured out how Dr. Petersen works yet, so it's a bit difficult. Plus, he makes us read very dull and confusing books. But they bring up this quote all the time. Two of our books have used it already, and we've only read two! I don't remember exactly what it is, but it's about driving at night and how it compares to writing: "You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole journey that way." It's a good metaphor for life too.
Yoga is still as awesome as ever. It's probably my favorite class. The other day, at the end of class while we were all relaxing, I dozed off and was dreaming about the Incredibles. It was funny.
Speaking of dreams, I've been having some very weird ones lately. I had one on Sunday afternoon about an awful thunderstorm. The electricity in the air was so thick, it was going between the fillings in peoples' teeth! So scary. Then, Sunday night, I had a dream that this guy Corbin (not Hansen) was a vampire and he was trying to kill me. Mary Stilson was with me, and so was Stephenie Meyer. Our only weapons were some giant colored pencils that we were using as spears. We stayed at the Stilson's house, and Todd got all mad because he didn't want our "spears" to leave marks on the floor. It was odd. Last night I dreamed that we were at Costco, and they had a performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat going on. And there were Christmas decorations everywhere! I'm not sure why I've been having these dreams, as I haven't been watching LOST much, which usually leads to weird dreams.
Goal for the week: Only eat actual serving sizes of things, so they last longer. I did it for a while last year and it worked pretty well.
Oh, I also had two tests last week, one in English and one in Spanish. I got a 77% on the English one. I know that sounds awful, but Dr. P. puts a C at 50%. So I think 77% is a B, maybe even a B+ or something. In Spanish, I got 100%. That was nice. I have a math test on Thursday or Friday, though... Not looking forward to that. It's in the testing center. I don't even know how to use the testing center!!

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Love your blog! Love the news and updates! And very relieved that the post was not actually about Friends and getting married!

Ginger Horsburgh said...

I love you, Amber!