Monday, September 8, 2008

My Testimony

I'm not sure why I suddenly thought that I should write this here, but I did, so here you go.

It was fast Sunday this last Sunday, and I didn't stand up to bear my testimony. I did write it in my journal, and I felt that I should write it here, too, so people can read it, so this is exactly word for word what I wrote.

"It's testimony meeting. I don't think I'm going to get up, but I want to bear my testimony here, in my journal. I know that God is there for us. That is really something I've learned these last two weeks, especially because I was sick for the first two days. I was more homesick and lonely than I would have EVER believed possible. And I knew that the only way I could get by was with the Lord's help. I've never WANTED to read my scriptures before. I always knew that I should, and so I did, because it was was expected of me. But until I moved out on my own, I never felt that I wanted to read the scriptures because I WANTED the help. I know that the Lord is there for me, even when it feels like no one else is."

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Thank you Amber. I love you so much.

Zach said...

I suppose someone should have told you this before you left, but church gets awesome! when you're out on your own. I think it's because you're surrounded in church by people who aren't being forced to go by family or parents or whatever, and among people who are willing to choose to do the right thing the Spirit can truly work wonders. I noticed this when I moved out for college and went to a student ward. You're in for some good times.