Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Burnout

As much as I can burnout, which isn't much, comparatively...

I just have no desire to do anything.

Okay, that's a lie. I have the desire to do some things, just not all the things. ((DO ALL THE THINGS!!)) <-- that was me yelling at myself.
For example:
I would LOVE to work on my fiction story, except I have to wait until after Workshop to do that, and I'm not being Workshopped until next Thursday.
I would like to revise my poems for my portfolio and our poetry reading, but I have other, more "important" things that need doing, like...

...my Non-Western World Lit essay. It's got to be on something we read during our unit on Islamic literature, and I just have no motivation whatever to do anything. I didn't really connect with any of the pieces on a level that I can write an essay about. I connected with them on other levels just fine, I found the religious study fascinating, but I don't know what to write about! And the essay is due tomorrow.

After that, it gets even better! We've got one of our stupid tests on Friday. And I have a Spanish test on Thursday.... I never noticed it, but NWWL and Spanish tests are always the same week. I don't worry about Spanish -- other than the fact that my professor probably thinks Bethany and I are insane...

Now, I know I'm a staunch advocate for the "No Christmas Music Until After Thanksgiving" Campaign, but sometimes it's just the only thing that works. I listened to some in September, actually, when I was having a hard time falling asleep for a few nights, because it was the only thing that would calm me down. Or so I thought... It actually ended up making me think more about things that needed doing because they were related to Christmas...

And now I'm rambling again. Why do you people read this stuff??? Honestly....

Long story short ((too late)), I am tired of school. Not physically tired, I could keep going for ages. I'm just bored. Time for January! ... Except I have to make about $4,000 at some point in there.... Plus $700 for rent, and about $800 for tuition, and probably a few hundred for books as well. HOLY CRAP that is a lot of money that I do not have! I will go to London if it kills me, I swear I will.

5 comments:

s h a n n o n said...

I think we're related.
Thanksgiving break is in two weeks!
It's called forget homework and sleep in party.

J. D'Bourget said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J. D'Bourget said...

Ranting sometimes is all one can do.
I do it all the time. It's a way of sorting out thought, letting thoughts become something more than just thoughts.
We read it because it's interesting, it's a way we can connect, or identify with others. It's our way of solving or understanding. We don't understand most of the time why we do it, but it's curiosity. The need to do all of the above.
School, well I'm glad you could go on forever, I do know how you feel about getting bored. I'm completely bored with my classes. I need change and fast, before the wall takes a pounding. ;] -remind me not to give you anything like a gun.. although I doubt you would reach such a level.
Money will come, you'll find a way. I hope you do, it would be such a shame if you didn't. One of us needs to make it to England and my bet is on you.

Keep your chin up, mate. You'll pull through in all areas.

<3/S.

J. D'Bourget said...

P.S.
At least you don't have 6 test all in one week, right?
I can tell you, that my friend, is death.. or at least close to it. It happens about every other week... *sigh*
I know it's still hard though.. just keep going!
After all you are Watson, giving in isn't in your nature, nor will it ever be. ;]

J. D'Bourget said...

P.S. x2
No. I am not stalking your blog.
-S