Thursday, November 11, 2010

English Majorness

We're not special. We are kind of, in that we're all stuck up in the same ways. Sometimes the only people I can stand to be around are my English major friends. I don't like to admit that because it is rather snobbish... *shrug* At least I know I'm not alone in this snobbishness.

Think about it, though. Everyone reads. Everyone "writes" - or so it feels these days. I blame Stephenie Meyer. She was all, "I got Twilight written and accepted for publication in six months!" ¡Que fresa! So now everyone and their pet turtle is all, "OMG imma b a writer!" And I'm all, "I want to hurt you!"

Rant over.

UPDATE: Please no one be offended. This is my blog and I can say whatever I want. But if people get all defensive, then I will be annoyed.

Hm, apparently I'm cranky. Must be the sleep deprivation.

2 comments:

J. D'Bourget said...

I love that this post, as well, correlates with my fb statuses that day.
Yes, I am writing. No, I'm not offended by your post. I loath S.M. and had no idea she wrote twilight that fast. No, I don't consider myself a writer, I just started NaNo out of sheer boredom.
Ranting about this kind of stuff is good though.. I do the same with photography. We take pride in what we do, it isn't something others should take lightly.

J. D'Bourget said...

I guess I just went a little protest-y on you... oops. Sorry Watson.